3. Adding to the growing literature of sell-side analysts who think the answer to Apple's (AAPL) market valuation woes (down 35% since September) is a low-cost iPhone, MorganStanley's Katy Huberty has looked at China, the world's largest smartphone market, and done the math.
3. The Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine was awarded to a cellular-level experiment.
5. Two arrested in connection to shooting of Lecent Ross
6. Global gold production rose to 3,268.7 tonnes in 2017 from 3,263 tonnes a year earlier, according to the WGC. That was the smallest increase since 2008, when gold mined fell more than 2 per cent during the financial crisis.
1. Set over one summer, the film follows precocious 6-year-old Moonee as she courts mischief and adventure with her ragtag playmates and bonds with her rebellious but caring mother, all while living in the shadows of Disney World.
2. The 2016 ranking features a record 90 programmes, up from 70 in 2014.
3. We learned that animals may make choices based on aesthetics.
4. A 14-year-old Chinese boy overcame two of humankind's most dreaded fears--getting stuck in an elevator and getting homework done, in a single night thanks to his quick-witted character.
戛纳电影节素以质问与嘲笑著名。在本届电影节上，《青木原树海》（Sea of Trees）成为第一部遭遇观众挑剔的电影。该片由格斯?范?桑特Gus Van Sant指导。在媒体放映场，《青木原树海》遭遇嘲弄的风暴，陷入了嘘声之海。由于这些发生在首映红毯前，恶评迅速传播，使得盛典蒙上阴影。娜奥米?沃茨（Naomi Watts ）和 马修?麦康纳（Matthew McConaughey）走上红毯时，《每日电讯报》（Daily Telegraph）形容此场景为“极其糟糕却又引人瞩目的羞辱之途”。但是在随后的新闻发布会上，马修?麦康纳，这位来自德克萨斯的演员表情坦然，“每个人都有权倒喝彩，正如他们有权喝彩一样，”他说道。我相信我们都知道他的意思。