2015-12-07 查阅次数：0次 发布人：admin
A. sugar B. organize C. strange D. together
A. stomach B. achieve C. check D. machine
A. pollution B. struggle C. useful D. bury
A. baggage B. attract C. Canadian D. magazine
A. theatre B. breathe C. break D. heaven
6. The moment I got home, I found I my jacket on the playground.
A. had left B. left C. have left D. was leaving
7. Not until the motorbike looked almost new repairing and cleaning it.
A. he stopped B. did he stop C. stopped he D. he did stop
8. Tomorrow is Tom’s birthday. Have you got any idea the party is to be held?
A. what B. which C. that D. where
9. –What sort of house do you want to have? Something big?
--Well, it be big--that’s not important.
A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. won’t
10. I ate sandwich while I was waiting for 20:08 train.
A. the, a B. the, the C. a, the D. a, a
11. The message is very important, so it is supposed as soon as possible.
A. to be sent B. to send C. being sent D. sending
12. He doesn’t have furniture in his room --just an old desk.
A. any B. many C. some D. much
13. The man pulled out a gold watch, were made of small diamonds.
A. the hands of whom B. whom the hands of
C. which the hands of D. the hands of which
14. around the Water Cube, we were then taken to see the Bird’s Nest for the 2008 Olympic Games.
A. Having shown B. To be shown C. Having been shown D. To show
15. –Did you go to the show last night?
–Yeah. Every boy and girl in the area invited
A. were B. have been C. has been D. was
16. Ten years ago the population of our village was that of theirs.
A. as twice large as B. twice as large as
C. twice as much as D. as twice much as
17. Though we don’t know what discussed, yet we can feel the topic .
A. had changed B. will change C. was changed D. has been changed
18. –The floor is dirty. Can anyone clean it?
– I do it all the time.
A. Don’t mention it. B. Why you? C. Not sure D. Not me again.
19. Elizabeth has already achieved success her wildest dreams.
A. at B. beyond C. within D. upon
20. It’s going to rain. Xiao Feng, Will you please help me the clothes on the line?
A. get off B. get back C. get in D. get on
A woman id her sixties lived alone in her little cottage with a pear tree at her door. She spent all her time taking care of the tree. But the children nearby drover her 21 by making fun of her. They would climb her tree and then run away with pears, 22 “Aunty Misery” at her.
One evening, a passer by asked to 23 for the night. Seeing that he had an 24 Face, she let him in and gave him a nice 25 . The next morning the stranger, actually a sorcerer (巫师), thanked her by granting (允准) her 26 that anyone who climbed up her tree 27 not be able to come back down until she 28 it.
When the children came back to steal her 29 , she had them stuck on the tree. They had to beg her long 30 she gave the tree permission to let 31 go. Aunty Misery was free from the 32 at last.
One day another man 33 her door. This one did not look trustworthy to her, 34 she asked who he was . “I am Death, I’ve come to take you 35 me.” said he.
Thinking fast Aunty Misery said, “Fine, but I’d like to 36 some pears from my dear tree to remember the 37 it brought to me in this life. But I am too 38 to climb high to get the best fruit. Will you be so 39 as to do it for me?” With a deep sigh, Mr. Death climbed up the tree 40 and was immediately stuck to it. No matter how much he warned or begged, Aunty Misery would not allow the tree to let Death go.
21. A. hopeless B. painful C. dull D. crazy
22. A. calling B. shouting C. announcing D. whispering
23. A. stay B. live C. hide D. lie
24. A. interesting B. honest C. anxious D. angry
25. A. gift B. kiss C. treat D. smile
26. A. suggestion B. demand C. permission D. wish
27. A. could B. should C. might D. must
28. A. permitted B. promised C. answered D. declared
29. A. branch B. food C. tree D. fruit
30. A. after B. while C. since D. before
31. A. it B. them C. him D. her
32. A. trick B. question C. trouble D. difficulty
33. A. stepped into B. left for C. stopped at D. walked around
34. A. so B. but C. although D. because
35. A. with B. off C. upon D. for
36. A. choose B. pick C. shake D. hit
37. A. honor B. pleasure C. hope D. excitement
38. A. light B. short C. old D. thin
39. A. proud B. kind C. fine D. smart
40. A. disappointedly B. cheerfully C. unwillingly D. eagerly
They say there are three ways to experience the Grand Canyon; on foot, on mules(骡子) or by air. We chose the first. Up early; my husband and I and our three children couldn’t wait to get started. We decided to walk along a lovely path named Bright Angel Trail.
As we set out, I was shocked at how narrow the path was. And I couldn’t help noticing that the other tourists weren’t like us. They had heavy backpacks, water bottles, and hats. But as usual we were dressed, As the sun rose higher, Arizona’s famous heat seemed to roast(烘烤) us. There was no shade and our legs were aching. We decided to go back, with the girl on my back and the boys far behind. By the time we finally got back, our legs were like jelly.
The next day, after we’d had a long rest and a good breakfast, we were ready for another view of the Canyon – by air. After our last walk, this would be the easiest thing in the world.
We called to each other excitedly as the plane took off and circled around the Canyon. But the smiles on our faces disappeared as the pilot tossed(翻转) the plane around, pretending he was going to hit the ground. I shouted, “STOP, TAKE US BACK!” When we finally arrived back on land, once again our legs were like jelly. We hardly spoke as we drove back.
As I said, there are three ways to view the Grand Canyon. We never tried the mules, but personally I’d suggest a fourth: buy yourself a good magazine like National Geographic. That way, you can see the Canyon, without fear or tiredness.
41. Which of the following is true according to the second paragraph?
A. They made a careful preparation before the trip
B. They children were more joyful than their parents.
C. Bright Angel Trail was not as lovely as they expected.
D. The summer heat prevented them from enjoying the view.
42. The underlined expression “Our legs were like jelly” probably means .
A. we were weak B. we were unhappy
C. we were dissatisfied D. we were disappointed
43. Which of the following best describes their Canyon trip by air